The schedule is now available.
Here is the schedule for the 2018/19 Vancouver Schoolreach League.
- Tuesday, Oct. 9 – At University Hill (packs 7/8)
- Tuesday, Oct. 23 – At Port Moody (packs 9/10)
- Tuesday, Nov. 6 – At St. John’s (packs 11/12)
- Tuesday, Nov. 20 – At Burnaby North (packs 13/14)
- Tuesday, Dec. 4 – At Churchill (packs 15/16)
- Tuesday, Dec. 18 – Home, vs. University Transition (packs 17/18)
- Tuesday, Jan. 15 – Home, vs. King David (packs 19/20)
- Tuesday, Jan. 29 – Home, vs. St. George’s (packs 21/22)
- Tuesday, Feb. 12 – Home, vs. Southpointe (packs 23/24)
- Tuesday, Feb. 26 – Home, vs. Kitsilano (packs 25/26)
- Friday, March 8 – Junior Provincials, at St. George’s
- Friday, April 5 or 12 – Senior Provincials, venue TBA
It will be held at Southridge School at 2656 160 St, Surrey. We are expected to arrive at 3:00 PM, and the first games will begin at 3:45 PM. There is a dinner break from 5:45 to 6:30. Please bring your own food. After dinner are the single elimination playoffs, followed by an awards ceremony at 8:20 PM.
I received an update this week on the schedule for this year. There are 16 schools participating:
- University Hill
- St. George’s
- St. John’s
- Kitsilano (seniors only)
- York House
- Burnaby North
- Southridge (play the bye’s)
- King David
- Port Moody
- Vancouver College 15 (+1)
The 9 competition dates this year are:
- Oct 17 vs. York House
- Oct 31 at Churchill
- Nov 14 vs. UBC Transition
- Nov 28 at Kitsilano
- Dec 12 vs. Vancouver College
- Jan 16 at Hamber
- Jan 30 vs. Burnaby North
- Feb 13 at St. John’s
- Feb 27 vs. Port Moody
All games will be on Tuesdays, and will start by 4 PM. Date changes are allowed if both teams agree.
Tentative, the Junior Provincial tournament is scheduled for Friday, March 2, and the Senior Provincial tournament is schedule for Friday, April 20.
I’m looking forward to seeing the whole team back at meetings this week after the trips last week.
Hello to everyone who is interested in the Reach for the Top trivia club at Templeton Secondary. We are affiliated with the national Reach for the Top organisation.
I am very excited to be taking over sponsorship of the club from Ms. Vance, and look forward to a fun season.
Meetings are in my classroom (room 212) on Tuesdays and Fridays at lunch. Meetings are held in a safe place where all Templeton students are welcomed and invited to participate.
Note: Due to a field trip, there are no senior meetings next week (Sept. 26 to Sept. 30), but juniors are invited to come to my classroom on Tuesday and/or Friday to practice.