Spinach and Cheese Phyllo Triangles
This is not a spanakopita recipe.
Servings: 20 pieces
- 10 sheets phyllo pastry
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp onion minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup fresh spinach blanched
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp lemon rind grated
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- In the oil, cook the onion and garlic until softened, about 3-4 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the cooked onion and garlic, ricotta, spinach, Parmesan cheese, lemon rind, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- Cut the phyllo sheets into strips about 10 cm wide.
- Lay out a strip of phyllo paper and baste it with the melted butter. Add 1-2 tbsp of the spinach filling , then fold up the paper in a triangular shape. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 °F until golden brown, about 19 minutes.