Refried Black Beans
- 1 white onion small
- 38 oz. black beans
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Drain the black beans, and reserve 1/2 cup of the liquid.
- Peel the onion, and cut it in half. Cut half-moons of onions, and cook until translucent (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add the beans, the liquid, salt, childi powder, and black pepper. Heat to a boil, then turn the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- As the liquid disappears, mash the beans to create a thick paste.