Servings: 3 people
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1 cup tamarind paste
- 1 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup sriracha sauce
- 225 g Thai rice stick noodles
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- 2 eggs
- 10 shrimp zipperback
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 3 green onions chopped
- cooking oil
- 1 lime quartered
- 1/4 cup peanuts chopped
- striracha sauce
- Boil a large pot of water, and cook the rice noodles for 1-2 minutes. Strain. They should be undercooked at this point.
- Add 2 tbsp of oil to your wok. Cook the garlic at medium heat until golden brown.
- Add the lightly cooked noodles and 3 tbsp of sauce. Cook until the noodles begin to soften and absord the sauce. Add more sauce and/or water if needed.
- Push the noodles to one side of the pan, and add the shrimp and eggs. Cook until the eggs are coagulated.
- Push the noodles over the eggs and shrimp, and cook until the shrimp are pink.
- Add the bean sprouts and green onions, and stir fry for 1-2 more minutes. Add 1-2 tbsp sauce to achieve the desired taste.
- Top with peanuts, lime juice, and sriracha sauce to taste.