Turkey Pot Pie
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots thawed
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2/3 cup onion chopped
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1.75 cups chicken broth
- 1.33 cups milk
- 4 cups turkey meat chopped into cubes
- 1 pie crust top and bottom
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cook the mushrooms in a saucepan over medium heat until tender.
- Over medium heat, melt the butter and cook the onion until translucent.
- Mix in the flour and spices. Slowly add chicken broth and milk, and bring to a boil.
- Simmer until thickened.
- Stir in the vegetables and turkey.
- Fill a 9 inch pie with the thickened sauce. Cut slits in the top to allow steam to escape. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the top is golden brown and the filling is bubbling.