BBQ Chicken Shawarma
- 1 kg boneless skinless chicken breasts and thighs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. allspice
- 3/4 tsp. turmeric
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 tbsp. cooking oil
- Tomatoes sliced
- Cucumbers chopped
- Lettuce chopped
- Yogurt plain
- Whisk together 1/4 cup olive oil and the spices.
- Cut the chicken breasts into 5-6 pieces, and the thighs into 3-4.
- Marinate the chicken at least 1 hour, but preferably overnight.
- Barbecue the chicken for 20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Cut the chicken into shawarma-like pieces.
- Saute the chicken in the cooking oil until it begins to crisp.
- Serve chicken over rice, with tomatoes, cucumbers, and lettuce. Top with yogurt.