If you want a thicker crust to your pizza, you can use the dough to make a single pizza.
Servings: 2 thin crust pizzas
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 4 tsp olive oil
- Combine the sugar, salt, 2 tsp olive oil, water, 1 cup of flour, yeast, and second cup of flour in a mixing bowl. Mix until the dough just begins to form a ball.
- Knead the dough for 15 minutes. Rip off a small piece, stretch until thin, and see if the baker's windowpane has formed.
- Roll the dough into a ball. Coat in 2 tsp of olive oil, place in a glass bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 18-24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 500 F.
- Rip the dough in half. Wet your hands with water, dampen the surface, and roll out the dough.
- Sprinkle some flour onto the tray, and place the pizza on it. Form a small lip around the edge, and brush the crust with olive oil.
- Add pizza sauce and toppings.
- Bake at 500 F for 7 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown. Let sit 2-4 minutes before cutting.