Vietnamese Grilled Chicken with Vermicelli
- 8 cloves garlic minced
- 5 tbsp fish sauce
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 lbs chicken thighs and/or drumsticks skin on, bone in
- 1 pack rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 head butter lettuce torn into small pieces
- 2 bunches Thai basil
- 1 bunch mint
- nuoc cham
- Mix garlic fish sauce, sugar, and black pepper. Add to the chicken, and marinate for 1-24 hours.
- Cook the vermicelli according to the package directions, usually about 2 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Grill chicken on the barbecue until fully cooked.
- Place noodles in a bowl, and top with chicken, lettuce, basil, and mint. Cover with daikon, carrots, and liquid from the nuoc cham.