Porto Cheese Sandwich
- 2 bread slices slightly toasted
- 2 slices smoked ham
- 4 slices cheese Queijo from Sao Jorge, or provolone
- 1 grilled chorizo
- 1 slice beef cooked
- 1 can beer
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 cup Port wine
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 bay leaf
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Mix cornstarch into milk. Add beer, chicken bouillon, tomato paste, and port. Blend well. Add pepper to taste.
- Over low heat, warm in a pan. Add the bay leaf.
- Once the sauce starts to boil, discard the bay leaf. Set the sauce aside.
- Put together the bread, cheese, sausage, beef, and ham. Put 2 slices of cheese at the top.
- Pour the sauce over the sandwich, and heat in the oven for 10 minutes. Serve hot.