Mussel and Sausage Linguini
- 1 kg mussels
- 250 g chorizo sausages
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1 stalk celery
- 3 tbsp cream
- Start cooking the linguine according to the package directions.
- Cook shallots in olive oil until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add garlic, bell pepper, and celery, and cook until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add everything else except the cream, and cook until the mussels open up (about 6 minutes).
- Remove mussels from their shells. As you are doing so, add the cream and boil the sauce until a reduction forms.
- Pour the sauce and mussels over the cooked and drained linguini.