Servings: 24 squares
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 lemons
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Blend together the ingredients for the crust.
- Press into the bottom of an ungreased 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden.
- Wash the two lemons, and then zest them.
- Juice the lemons. You should end up with about 1/2 cup of lemon juice.
- In a bowl, whisk together the remaining sugar, flour, eggs, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Pour over the bottom.
- Bake for another 20 minutes, until the top starts to darken.
- Cool, and cut into 2" squares.