- 1 cup chick peas dry
- 1/2 to 1 cup of liquid from the chick peas
- 1 cup tahini
- 3/8 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 of a small jar of sundried tomatoes
- 3 cloves mashed garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Soak the chick peas overnight in a pot, covered with 2 inches of water.
- Rinse the chick peas. Re-cover with 2 inches of water.
- Boil, then simmer at low for 1.5 hours. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the liquid
- Blend together everything except 1/2 cup of the liquid from the chick peas. After well blended, continue to add liquid until the hummus is thin enough.