Grilled Vietnamese Pork with Vermicelli
- 8 cloves garlic minced
- 5 tbsp fish sauce
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 lbs pork shoulder
- 1 pack rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 head butter lettuce torn into small pieces
- 1 bunch mint
- Slice pork thinly.
- Mix garlic fish sauce, sugar, and black pepper. Add to the pork, and marinate for 1-24 hours.
- Cook the vermicelli according to the package directions, usually about 2 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Grill pork on the barbecue until fully cooked.
- Place noodles in a bowl, and top with pork, lettuce, and mint. Cover in nuoc cham.