Chili con Carne
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 diced green pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 - 16 oz cans of diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 - 16 oz cans of red kidney beans
- Cheese cheddar, Monterey jack, and/or mozzarella
- Avocado cut into chunks
- Green onions cut into small pieces
- French fries or tasti tots
- Over medium-high heat, cook oil, ground beef, onion, green pepper, and garlic until onion is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and their liquid, chili powder, and salt.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 1 hour.
- Drain and rinse the kidney beans.
- Add the beans to the chili, and heat.
- Serve with the accompaniments.