Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 kg butternut squash, chopped
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 cups chicken bouillon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp blackpepper
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 tsp salt
- feta cheese, crumbled
- Melt butter. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 6 minutes.
- Add squash and chicken stock. Bring to a boil, and simmer until squash is tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove solids to blender, puree, and return to pot.
- Add remaining ingredients, except cheese.
- Pour into serving bowls. If desired, add cheese.