Servings: 4 burgers
- 500 g lean ground beef
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 8 saltine crackers, crushed OR
- 5 Stone Wheat Thins, blended
- Cheese, sliced
- Combine all the ingredients, stirring until well-mixed.
- Press into 125 g patties.
- Heat barbecue to 200 °C (400 °F).
- Cook patties for 10 minutes, flipping once after 5 minutes. The beef should reach an internal temperature of 71°C (160°F). See https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/general-food-safety-tips/safe-internal-cooking-temperatures.html for details.
- Add cheese during last 3 minutes of cooking.